The Ten Elements of The Way
- Daily Bible reading.
- Study of Celtic, Desert and other Saints
- Memorizing of Scripture
- Learning through creative arts.
- Reflecting on daily experiences.
- Living what we learn – not simply an academic exercise.
- Sharing with a Soul Friend.
- Walking in the footsteps of Jesus. Where he is leading us?
- What is the Spirit doing in and through us?
- Regular retreats for quiet and reflection.
- Pilgrimage to sacred sites
– “Places of resurrection”
– Communities of Prayer
- Regular prayer practices, old and new.
- Discovering new and creative ways of praying.
- A gift from God.
- Balance between paid employment, voluntary service, routine chores – all offered to God.
- Resist pressure to over-work, which robs ourselves, others, and God.
- Including rest and fun.
- Holy use of creative flow.
- as valuable as work and prayer.
Spiritual Initiatives Through Intercession
- Praying for God’s will in God’s world.
- Engaging in intercessory prayer.
- Affirm wider initiatives in intercessory prayer.
- Avoid judging others
- Hold before God and our Soul Friend our finances, possessions, and talents.
- Celebrate in God’s good gifts.
- Regular and generous giving.
- Resist overload and clutter.
Care for Creation
- Affirm creation as essentially good though spoilt by evil.
- Respect, care for, and restore.
- Stand against all that violates and destroys.
- Celebrate, bless and meet God through creation.
Healing Fragmented People & Communities
- Renounce self-sufficient autonomy.
- Invite divine love into our own and others’ wounds.
- Seek conflict resolution and the healing of wounded group memory.
- Seek wholeness for individuals and peoples.
Openness to God’s Spirit
- Allow God to take us where the Spirit wills.
- Cultivate inner silence.
- Affirm proper and appropriate use of the gift of prophecy.
- Learn to listen to God.
- Repent of our part in divisions within the Christian Church.
- Honor Christianity’s God-given strands and seek to weave them together again.
- Consider fellow Christians as “pilgrims together.”
- Resist all that damages unity or raises barriers between people and the church.
- Seek solidarity with people of all faiths in everything except sin.
- Share our faith with a heart for those estranged from Christ.
- Speak out for the poor and the powerless, and promote justice.
- Oppose false teaching through love, sound argument, prayer and demonstration of God’s power.
- Encourage indigenous faith communities.
- Dialogue with those in authority to establish God-led lands.